The transfer process, whether transferring in or transferring out of SCCC, requires special information and assistance.
Requesting Your SCCC Transcript
If you are seeking to transfer credits to SCCC, we urge you to begin the process early.
- A student wishing to transfer credits to SCCC must submit an Application for Admission (also available online at http://my.sussex.edu, have official transcripts from previous colleges sent directly to the Registrar’s Office.
- SCCC will accept a maximum of 50% of the credits required for a degree (AA, AS or AFA) or certificate or up to 39 credits for an AAS degree for credits earned at other institutions, by experiences and/or by examination (CLEP or Challenge) in order to complete requirements for a degree from SCCC. If science and computer courses were completed more than eight (8) years ago, students will be required to repeat them (for the PCCC Nursing Program there is a five-year limit on sciences, from the date of the course completion).
- These credits will be entered in the Credits Earned column of the transcript and will not affect a student’s quality-point average.
- Transfer credits earned at other institutions are entered on the transcripts only after a student has been accepted and matriculated in a curriculum.
- A minimum grade of “C” or its equivalent is required for transfer credit to be applicable to a student’s certificate or associate degree curriculum..
- Special accredited courses and other training will be evaluated (i.e. Ponsi, banking, ACE, military) on an individual basis.
- International students must have their foreign transcripts translated and evaluated into US equivalents by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member.