One of the most significant aspects of student life at SCCC is the Student Government Association (SGA). All enrolled students are members of the SGA, which is led by four elected officers: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. These officers are elected annually by the student body. The SGA serves as a communication link between the student body and college administration, and also oversees all student clubs and organizations.
The SGA is responsible for:
- Approving the formation and funding for all student clubs.
- Setting and monitoring a code of ethics for all clubs and organizations.
- Electing student representatives to standing committees of the college.
- Promoting student leadership through training workshops and conferences.
- Taking part and encouraging club participation in community service.
- Proposing positive changes and improvements in campus life.
- Supporting and participating in campus/club projects and events.
Student Government Officers for the 2013/14 Academic Year
Regan Dalby, President
Kevin Duffy, Vice President
Andrew LaBell, Treasurer
John Sachs, Secretary
For more information on the Student Government Association, contact the Student Government Office at 973-300-2304 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.