A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) assists patients with quality of life needs, under the supervision of a professional nurse. Upon satisfactory completion of this 100 hour program the student is eligible to take the NJ State Certification Exam (additional Fees of $76.00 payable to “PSI” required). Employment opportunities include long term care facilities, hospitals, assisted living facilities, medical day care centers, and rehabilitation centers.
Students must allow at least 6 weeks for the application process to be completed. All students must complete the application process prior to registration.
To start your new career you must…
- be at least 18 years of age
- possess a HS Diploma or GED
- call 908-689-7613 to schedule a mandatory informational interview on: Feb 14 &17, 2017
- complete a physical exam and two– step TB test
- order & submit payment for a criminal background check through TABB INC (minimum fee of $44.00)
- have a clear understanding of written and spoken English. Individuals for whom English is not the first language will be required to take the “Best Literacy Test” and achieve a score of 76 or above.
- Attend the mandatory orientation on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 10:00am in room P107 PEC
Class dates: March 27 – May 25, 2016
Class times: Mon/Tues/Thurs 9:00 – 3:00pm
Location: Phillipsburg Education Center & Phillipsburg Center (Clinical Site)
Cost: $989.00 + textbook (approx. $80.00)
Please call 908-835-2333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.