ZZZ607A1 Dental Assisting Program
This 579-hour comprehensive dental assisting program prepares the student for chairside assisting in the dental office. Students are in class three days a week and in the clinical setting two days.
From Sept-November Classes are held 9am-3pm on T/W/F. From December to April Classes are held 9am-3pm T/W/F and in the Clinical Rotations (Hours to be determined) on Mondays and Thursdays.
429 hours of classroom training includes:
• Head and Neck Anatomy
• Dental Anatomy & Tooth Morphology
• Patient Care & Preparation
• Preventive Dentistry & Infection Control
• Restorative Dentistry & Special Procedures
• Front Desk Management
• Principles of Radiology and application
• Upon completion of the class, students sit for the DANB examination for Radiology and apply for NJ State Dental Radiology Licensure
150 hours of clinical training includes:
• Assignment to a general dental office
• Sitting chairside, performing 4-handed dentistry
• Placing, exposing, and processing X-Rays
• One day rotation through each of the following specialty offices: Periodontal, Pediatric, Oral Surgery, and Orthodontic
Requirements for admission: 18 years of age, HS Diploma or equivalent, must schedule personal interview with program director, and must pass criminal history background check.
Cost: $4,999 + textbooks (approx. $350); Financial Assistance may be available to those who qualify.
Please contact Marianne Vandeursen at 908-835-2430 or email@example.com for more information.