Article Posted -- November 30, 2016
In today’s evolving world, healthcare and business professionals are in high-demand. Skylands Professional Training, a partnership of Sussex County Community College (SCCC) and Warren County Community College, is offering a number of healthcare and business training programs during the upcoming Spring 2017 semester.
- Chiropractic Assistant – This 50-hour program, which begins the week of March 13, will prepare students for a career as a Chiropractic Assistant in the expanding field of chiropractic healthcare through both classroom lecture and hands on labs.
- EKG Technician– This comprehensive 50-hour, which begins the week of May 8, will prepare students to function as an EKG Technician and to take the American Society of Phlebotomy Technician (ASPT) – Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technician exam in addition to other National Certification Exams.
- Essentials of Personal Training – This 24-hour program, which begins on March 24 and concludes on April 28, is geared to successfully prepare students for either the NASM or ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
- Histology Assistant – This 96-hour program, which begins the week of April 3, is intended to prepare students for entry level employment as a Histology Assistant in clinical, veterinary, and research laboratories.
- Pharmacy Compounding & Sterile Prep – This 50-hour program, held evenings beginning the week of April 24, will help students learn the vital information you need to safely and accurately prepare compounded sterile products.
- Pharmacy Technician – This comprehensive 50-hour course, which begins the week of February 27, will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam.
- Veterinary Assistant – This 100-hour program, which begins the week of March 20, provides instruction and training in the rewarding and growing field of veterinary assisting.
- Phlebotomy Technician – This is a new course which will be introduced this spring with a start date that has yet to be determined.
Help advance your career or start a new one with one of these programs:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – All students must have a valid driver’s license and a physical is required. All training will take place in Dover, NJ.
- Grant Writing I & II –This 10-hour comprehensive hands-on class, beginning on April 21, will provide an opportunity for new and experienced grant writers to develop their fundamental skills of writing. Learn the basic foundation of grant writing and the many components of putting together a successful grant package. Follow that up with a hands-on class to develop the fundamental skills of writing.
- Leadership Development – Become an effective leader through practical, skills-based learning. This program consists of seven classes, starting on February 13.
ServSafe® Manager Certification Course – This course will provide training to enhance the knowledge of current and prospective food service managers. Classes begin in March 2017.
Additional courses this spring include: Entrepreneurial Programs and Grant-Funded Business Training.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are held at Sussex County Community College.
For more information on each course, please visit sussex.edu/skylands or call 973.300.2332.
Grants may be available for those who are unemployed, under-employed, working part-time, or receiving public assistance.