Article Posted -- March 1, 2017
Sussex County Community College will begin Priority Registration soon. Get ahead of the game and speak with your advisor to create your academic plan for next semester and beyond. This is the perfect time to map out your courses and stay on track for the upcoming fall semester. Our advisors are able to discuss your plans now so you can avoid the rush during Priority Registration. Individual appointments are appropriate for conversations lasting longer than 15 minutes and are helpful in discussing academic planning, degree requirements, academic performance, personal issues, graduation review and/or career planning.
To book your appointment click here.
Tips for a successful advising session
- Set-up an advising appointment well before the scheduled dates to register.
- Review the curriculum check sheet for your major, program requirements and prerequisite courses.
- Review your Course History on your student portal
- Create a plan for the upcoming semester.
- Create an advising folder.
- Review the Academic Calendar to know important dates and deadlines.
- Read the handbook – Student Rights and Responsibilities, Academic Policies, General Policies
What to bring
- Curriculum check sheet for your major
- Preliminary course selection
- List of questions