In today’s evolving world, healthcare professionals are in high-demand. Skylands Professional Training, a partnership of Sussex County Community College (SCCC) and Warren County Community College, is offering a number of healthcare career and training programs during the upcoming Spring 2017 semester.
- Chiropractic Assistant – This 50-hour program, which begins the week of March 13, will prepare students for a career as a Chiropractic Assistant in the expanding field of chiropractic healthcare through both classroom lecture and hands on labs.
- EKG Technician– This comprehensive 50-hour, which begins the week of May 8, will prepare students to function as an EKG Technician and to take the American Society of Phlebotomy Technician (ASPT) – Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technician exam in addition to other National Certification Exams.
- Essentials of Personal Training – This 24-hour program, which begins on March 24 and concludes on April 28, is geared to successfully prepare students for either the NASM or ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
- Histology Assistant – This 96-hour program, which begins the week of April 3, is intended to prepare students for entry level employment as a Histology Assistant in clinical, veterinary, and research laboratories.
- Pharmacy Compounding & Sterile Prep – This 50-hour program, held evenings beginning the week of April 24, will help students learn the vital information you need to safely and accurately prepare compounded sterile products.
- Pharmacy Technician – This comprehensive 50-hour course, which begins the week of February 27, will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam.
- Veterinary Assistant – This 100-hour program, which begins the week of March 20, provides instruction and training in the rewarding and growing field of veterinary assisting.
- Phlebotomy Technician – This is a new course which will be introduced this spring with a start date that has yet to be determined.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are held at Sussex County Community College.
For more information, please visit sussex.edu/skylands or call 973.300.2332.
Please Note: Sussex County Community College will be closed from Dec 23-Jan 2
Grants may be available for those who are unemployed, under-employed, working part-time, or receiving public assistance.