1. Advisors can help with your Academic Plan!
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your academic plan for next semester and beyond or follow your checksheet. Your advisor assignment is posted on the my.sussex student portal.
- For courses, visit the student portal.
- If assigned to the Student Advising and Counseling Center, book an appointment at sussex.edu/counseling. If assigned to a faculty advisor, please schedule an appointment directly.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
Most students don’t realize they qualify for financial aid. Find out early if you do.
- File your FAFSA now. Go online to www.fafsa.gov. To help you with filling out the FAFSA, attend one of SCCC’s Free Workshops. Click here.
- For information on federal and state aid visit sussex.edu/financialaid.
- Visit your my.sussex.edu portal to view your financial aid award and documents necessary to complete your file.
- Financial Aid Office: 973.300.2225.
3. Priority Registration: November 14–November 23
Priority Registration is the best time for current SCCC students to register for classes before we open registration to the community.
- Online Registration (for those that qualify)
You will be granted access to register on your portal at my.sussex.edu. If you are eligible to register online, please log on to my.sussex.edu and follow the instructions. Online Registration Instructions.
For technical difficulties contact our IT Hotline at (973) 300-2333.
- In Person Registration
Students that must register in person are required to see an advisor for academic planning. Once that is complete, bring the registration form signed by your advisor and your SCCC ID or photo ID to the Registrar’s Office. The Registration Form is available online at sussex.edu/registrar/forms.
Counseling & Advising Center Office Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am–6:30 pm
Tuesday-Friday: 8:00 am–5:00 pm
4. Ways to Pay
Payment for the fall semester is due in full by January 6th unless your sign up for the Interest-free Payment Plan.
- Once you register, click the pay online link to make payment arrangements. You can also pay in the Bursar’s Office. (B203)
- If your financial aid doesn’t cover your tuition, the full balance is due by January 6.
- Interest-free Payment Plan: Think about enrolling in the Interest-free Payment Plan and spread payments over 5 months! The earlier you register the more time you have to make your payments.
- Sign up by December 1: 5 months to pay
- Sign up by January 1: 4 months to pay
- Sign up by February 1: 3 months to pay
- Sign up by March 1: 2 months to pay
Winterim classes need to be paid in full within 24 hours of registering for class.