The Building Construction Technology Program is designed to provide students with the hands on practice skills and training necessary to obtain employment in the Building Construction Industry. The program prepares students in leadership and planning, technical knowledge and emerging technologies, creative problem solving, sustainable practices, and ethical principles to successfully achieve academic and professional goals.
1. Apply safe personal and construction environment safety practices professionally.
2. Interpret and apply appropriate building and structural codes to industry standards.
3. Interpret construction documents, blueprints, schematics and sketches.
4. Communicate information effectively, in both verbal and written forms.
5. Demonstrate effective problem solving skills based on knowledge and practice.
6. Understand, integrate, and apply construction knowledge and skills professionally.
7. Demonstrate professionalism with attitude, conduct and ethical work practices.
8. Communicate skillfully with other industry professionals involved in the construction process.
Some classes will be held at our new facility at Vernon High School in Vernon, NJ.