"I enjoy teaching at SCCC – it is not a job but an adventure…"
Criminal Justice Studies
We understand that as a law enforcement professional, you may have acquired college-level knowledge-without actually attending college. That’s why Sussex County Community College created this unique program to give value to your work experiences and apply it to help you fast-track to an associate degree.
This distinctive program is designed specifically for Law Enforcement Personnel who have at least five years of full-time work experience. Earning your degree may be quicker, easier and more affordable than you think.
The need for law enforcement personnel to work rotating shift s makes regular class attendance nearly impossible. Despite online degree programs becoming more available for criminal justice
professionals, law enforcement personnel are frequently required to complete coursework in many areas that they are already an expert in.
Our AAS in Criminal Justice Studies is designed just for you:
– Earn up to 30 credits for knowledge you have gained through training and experience on
– Complete your degree faster than traditional programs.
– At $127/credit (plus applicable fees) we offer the best education value around.
– Classes are available online and in person.
– A dedicated advisor will help you navigate the process.
– The first class you take (CRJS288) will teach you to transfer the knowledge and learning
you have acquired on the job into college credit.
Securing your degree will open a world of opportunities – from promotion to advancement in rank to increase in salary.
This degree is not designed for transfer. We are working with several four year colleges to explore transfer agreements.