Electronic Music Option
The Electronic Music degree combines areas of music and electronics in the musical and creative use of electronic production, sound design tools and technologies in this innovative program. Emphasis is on developing hands-on skills in modern electronic music technology, as well as how to use electronic instruments to manipulate sound and create music. Students will explore history, musicianship, theory, composition, and performance to develop an individual creative identity.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the history, cultural diversity and heritage of music.
2. Acquire an appreciation of music and identify a personal aesthetic.
3. Recognize music as art and a universal language with organization and structure.
4. Identify and articulate the components of music composition.
5. Perform music from a variety of genres showing the abilities of a professional.
Some classes will be held at our new facility at Vernon High School in Vernon, NJ.