Food/Beverage Management Option
This program is designed as a terminal degree and prepares students for immediate entry into a career. This program provides students with fundamental business knowledge and prepares them for careers in the Hotel and Restaurant Industry, business development and management, government, retail and not-for-profit organizations.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
1. Obtain entry-level and supervisory careers in the Hotel and Restaurant Industry, business development and management, government, retail or not-for-profit organizations.
2. Analyze contemporary business problems and propose effective solutions using case studies and SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
3. Identify ethical and unethical business behaviors and explain the impact of each type of behavior on an organization’s stakeholders (i.e., customers, competitors, investors, creditors, government regulators, employees, etc.).
4. Design and deliver effective oral presentations as commonly used in contemporary business environments.
5. Use applications software for basic word processing, spreadsheet and presentation projects.