This option prepares students for transfer to a four-year college with a major in Music. This option serves as a basis for careers in Student can pursue careers in the music business, music production, music performance, and music education. According to workforce statistics, music majors can also find career opportunities in music publishing, professional music ensembles, music administration or management endeavors. Students are given the opportunity to contribute to and work on SCCC productions and workshops. Students will explore history, musicianship, theory, composition, and performance to develop an individual creative identity.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the history, cultural diversity and heritage of music.
2. Acquire an appreciation of music and identify a personal aesthetic.
3. Recognize music as art and a universal language with organization and structure.
4. Identify and articulate the components of music composition.
5. Perform music from a variety of genres showing the abilities of a professional.
Some classes will be held at our new facility at Vernon High School in Vernon, NJ.