Update as of March 9
• Installation of condensate piping above drop ceilings and refrigerant piping above ceilings
• Continue removal of interior wood window trim and sash weights
• Receive material deliveries of ceiling mounted AC units and associated condensing units
• Reconfigure fencing around condensing units and add construction area signage
• Installation of fire caulk at refrigeration piping wall penetrations above ceilings.
• Mobilize electrician and commence layout and rough installation of electric power wiring
• Deliver skid steer for moving materials around site
Update as of February 27, 2015
• The Student Center building construction is underway.
• The second floor of the Student Center is off limits for general access due to construction. There is signage in place at all second floor access points and the elevator.
• Third floor North of the elevator is off limits for general access due to construction. ESOL, Scheduling, HR, & Campus Safety, Security & Campus Operations offices are open during normal operating hours.
• Currently, construction includes the installation of condensation piping, which involves some soldering causing a slight smell from this process, that may be detected in other areas of the building.
• If there are any concerns, contact the Security Concierge at 2222.
Update as of February 2: Construction Begins February 16th
We are excited to announce that the construction project on the Student Center (D Building) is underway! There will be two Phases to the project, they are as follows:
Phase I: The East Side of the building will begin with construction for the exterior from the ground up with new windows and façade work. A new HVAC system will be moving ahead on the interior spaces. There will be minimal disruption to office space in the Student Center.
Phase II: The West Side of the building (Connor Green) will begin construction after graduation. Exterior work will start from the ground up with new windows and façade work…HVAC system will still be going on for the interior spaces.
It is important to communicate these plans with any students on campus. Marketing will also be sending out updates on the website, Facebook and in the Student Email Blast along with signage.
If you have any questions or concerns about safety of our campus during construction, please direct your questions to the Director of Campus Safety and Security John Scully. firstname.lastname@example.org.