Welcome to the Bursar’s Office Web Page!
Mission Statement – Our mission at Sussex County Community College Bursar’s Office is to deliver assistance to our customers with efficiency and respect, while providing professional and quality service to the students, faculty, staff, parents and our community. We strive to provide helpful and knowledgeable assistance to students in a timely manner and keep student interests in the forefront of our decision making while adhering to regulatory requirements of the State and Federal Systems along with policies and procedures set by the college. Our goal is to provide guidance towards establishing appropriate fiscal practices and act as a central collection point for all college receipts.
Book Voucher Policy – see attached Book Voucher 08-02-11
Tuition & Fee Due Dates
- Summer and Winterim: Bills are payable in full on the day you register.
- Spring and Fall: Payment in full (or a financial aid waiver or enrollment in a payment plan) is due by the first of the month prior to the start of the term.
Paying Your Tuition and Fees
Students are encouraged to pay their semester bill online through - Pay Online. This is the easiest and most convenient way to pay your College tuition.
- You will need your Student ID and school authorized password for access to My.Sussex.edu.
Online payments may be made by credit card or debiting a checking account (E-check).
A payment plan is also available online for a $35 enrollment fee.
- Students may also pay their bill in full by mail or in person at the Bursar’s Office.
- See Contact Information below for mailing address and room location of the Bursar’s Office.
- *When paying by mail or in person please include your full name and student ID on your check.
- Students receiving financial aid should verify their award with the Financial Aid Office. Any difference between your tuition and financial aid award must be paid by the due dates indicated above under Tuition & Fee Due Dates.
FERPA – Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act
FERPA is a Federal law that is administered by the Family Policy Compliance Office (Office) in the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA applies to all educational agencies and institutions that receive funding under any program administered by the Department. Once a student reaches 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, he or she becomes an “eligible student,” and all rights formerly given to parents under FERPA transfer to the student. If a student wishes to have someone have access to thier financial status they can stop in at the Bursar’s Office and sign the waiver in person. For more information you can go to this link: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/students.html
Student Health Insurance – Important Information
As amended on June 27, 2013 by the Senate pursuant to the Governor’s recommendations, Senate Bill, S2291 eliminates the requirement that a full-time student at an institution of higher education in New Jersey maintain health insurance coverage.
The State of NJ Department of Banking and Insurance provides some basic information to help you select an appropriate individual or family health insurance plan at the following link – Shopping for Health Insurance
Refund Policy – Tuition and Fees
Students who wish to withdrawal from SCCC for the semester must do so formally in writing with the Registrar’s Office. Non-attendance of classes does not constitute a withdrawal from the college and will result in the student being liable for their semester charges.
Students who withdraw from classes shall be eligible for a refund in accordance with the schedule listed below:
- 100% refund and/or cancellation of charges prior to the first day of the second week.
- 50% refund and/or cancellation of charges. Student will be responsible for payment of the remaining 50% of tuition and all fees after the first day of the third week.
Click here for academic calendar for actual refund dates http://sussex.edu/academics/calendar/
Electronic Refunds (e-Refunds)
Students are encouraged to sign up for eRefund. This process deposits your refund directly into your bank account.
To sign up for eRefunds go to My.Sussex.edu, click ‘pay online’, then ‘enroll in eRefund’.
You will need your student ID and password to access My.Sussex.edu.
The website follows strict and secure encryption guidelines with Extended Validation SSL certificates. This should help you feel comfortable conducting business online.
Website Notice – 1098T
|Location||Administrative Building, Room B-203|
|Sussex County Community College|
|One College Hill Road|
|Newton, NJ 07860|