Welcome to the Bursar’s Office Web Page!
Mission Statement – Our mission at Sussex County Community College Bursar’s Office is to deliver assistance to our customers with efficiency and respect, while providing professional and quality service to the students, faculty, staff, parents and our community. We strive to provide helpful and knowledgeable assistance to students in a timely manner and keep student interests in the forefront of our decision making while adhering to regulatory requirements of the State and Federal Systems along with policies and procedures set by the college. Our goal is to provide guidance towards establishing appropriate fiscal practices and act as a central collection point for all college receipts.
- Summer and Winterim: Bills are payable in full on the day you register.
- Spring and Fall: Payment in full (or a financial aid waiver or enrollment in a payment plan) is due by the first of the month prior to the start of the term.
- You will need your Student ID and school authorized password for access to My.Sussex.edu.
- Online payments may be made by credit card or debiting a checking account (E-check).
- A payment plan is also available online for a $35 enrollment fee.
- Students may also pay their bill in full by mail or in person at the Bursar’s Office.
- See Contact Information below for mailing address and room location of the Bursar’s Office.
- *When paying by mail or in person please include your full name and student ID on your check.
- Students receiving financial aid should verify their award with the Financial Aid Office. If there is any difference between your tuition and financial aid award must be paid by the due dates indicated above under Tuition & Fee Due Dates.
Book Voucher Policy –
The bookstore voucher is only good for the date of issue. These bookstore charges are limited to books and necessary supplies needed for the class in which the student is enrolled. There is a maximum of $800.00 at the start of book sales through the 10th day of the semester. NOTE: IF YOUR BALANCE FOR THE SEMESTER EXCEEDS YOUR FINANCIAL AID, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE CHARGES.
Tuition & Fee Due Dates
Paying Your Tuition and Fees
Students are encouraged to pay their semester bill online through – Payment/Billing. This is the easiest and most convenient way to pay your College tuition.
FERPA – Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act
FERPA is a Federal law that is administered by the Family Policy Compliance Office (Office) in the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA applies to all educational agencies and institutions that receive funding under any program administered by the Department. Once a student reaches 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, he or she becomes an “eligible student,” and all rights formerly given to parents under FERPA transfer to the student. If a student wishes to have someone have access to thier financial status they can stop in at the Bursar’s Office and sign the waiver in person. For more information you can go to this link: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/students.html
Student Health Insurance – Important Information
As amended on June 27, 2013 by the Senate pursuant to the Governor’s recommendations, Senate Bill, S2291 eliminates the requirement that a full-time student at an institution of higher education in New Jersey maintain health insurance coverage.
The State of NJ Department of Banking and Insurance provides some basic information to help you select an appropriate individual or family health insurance plan at the following link – Shopping for Health Insurance
Refund Policy – Tuition and Fees
Students who wish to withdraw from a class must do so in writing with the Registrar’s Office. Non-attendance of classes does not constitute a withdrawal from the college and will result in the student being financially responsible for their semester charges.
See academic calendar for actual withdrawal and refund dates http://sussex.edu/academics/calendar/
Electronic Refunds (e-Refunds)
Students are encouraged to sign up for eRefund. This process deposits your refund directly into your bank account.
To sign up for eRefunds go to My.Sussex.edu, click ‘payment/billing’, then ‘enroll in eRefund’.
You will need your student ID and password to access My.Sussex.edu.
The website follows strict and secure encryption guidelines with Extended Validation SSL certificates. This should help you feel comfortable conducting business online.
Late Fees – Payment must be received by payment due date in order to avoid a late fee.
Website Notice – 1098T
Administrative Building, Room B-203
Sussex County Community College
One College Hill Road
Newton, NJ 07860