Ways to Make a Payment
- Pay in Person – with your credit card (AX, MC, VS, DS), debit card, cash or check.
(The credit card must be in your name when coming into the office to pay).
- Pay by Mail – Checks only made payable to:
Sussex County Community College
One College Hill Road
Newton, NJ 07860
Attn: Bursar’s Office
NOTE: The students full name and student ID# should be in the memo section to assure proper credit. Post dated checks will be processed as they are received and not held.
Returned checks will be assessed a $50 NSF Fee.
- Pay Online in full with a credit card, debit card, e-check or by signing up for our interest-free Payment Plan.
- Go to sussex.edu and click Payment/Billing; this is the easiest and most convenient way to pay your college tuition. You can also login to your student portal for account information.
- Sign in using your student ID# (user name) and password.
- You can also access your account information by logging into your student portal.
- Summer and Winterim Semester: Tuition payment is due in full the day you register.
- Spring and Fall Semester:(Payment in full, financial aid complete and in place, or enroll in an interest-free Payment Plan.)
- Financial aid – if this does not cover your charges completely, you will need to start a Payment Plan.
- Late Fees – Payment must be received by payment due date in order to avoid a Late Fee.
- Refunds for cancelled classes, drops and/or withdraws are issued starting after 10th day.
- Federal PELL and TAG awards cannot be processed until they are applied to your account. After they are applied, you will receive them within 14 days of posting.
- Loans are not disbursed or applied to student accounts until 60% of the semester is completed.
- Grants/Scholarships/Private/Outside Funding and Veteran Benefits will not show on the students account until after the college receives payment.
- Refunds can either be disbursed via the mail by check or eRefund which is much quicker, easier and you don’t have to wait for a check in the mail. It is deposited directly into whatever bank account you sign up for.
Refund Policy – Tuition and Fees
Students who withdraw from classes, in which they have been officially registered, offered by SCCC or one of its contracting institutions, shall be eligible for a refund in accordance with the schedule listed below provided the withdrawal procedure has been followed. Students may file a Withdrawal Form (available in the Student Advising & Counseling Center) at the Registrar’s Office or in writing via their student email to email@example.com. Requests must include student’s name, SCCC ID number, semester, course and the student’s signature.
See academic calendar for actual withdrawal and refund dates http://sussex.edu/academics/calendar/
Refund Policy – Medical Withdrawal
Students who withdraw from all classes due to severe medical circumstances may qualify for a 50% tuition credit (fees not included) or a 50% cancellation of tuition debt (fees not included). Financial aid students should contact the Financial Aid Office to review the impact on their aid. Please go to the Registrar’s Office (B217) for the most updated policy and procedures.
Electronic Refunds (eRefunds)
Students are encouraged to sign up for eRefund. This process deposits your refund directly into your bank account.
To sign up for eRefunds go to My.Sussex.edu, click ‘Payment/Billing’, then ‘enroll in eRefund’.
You will need your student ID # and password to access my.Sussex.edu.
The website follows strict and secure encryption guidelines with Extended Validation SSL certificates. This should help you feel comfortable conducting business online.