Congratulations on your pending achievement! We hope you are planning to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. Please refer to the special events listed below that are planned for your graduation from Sussex County Community College.
A graduation packet will be mailed to your home to the address on file with all the details, instructions and reply cards. Refer to the list below for events planned.
Tuesday, April 26 – 10 am- 2 pm
Wednesday, April 27 – 4:30 pm-6:30 pm
Both are held in the Student Center Galleria
Grad Salute is a fun event with refreshments, music, giveaways and a time to share your stories with fellow graduates! The Grad Salute is an opportunity for you to obtain graduation clearances from administrative offices such as Financial Aid, Athletics, Bursar’s Office and the Library. You will also receive your cap and gowns plus graduation invitations. (please attend one)
Graduation Breakfast & Rehearsal
Tuesday, May 17 -9:30 am, Cafeteria
A breakfast is planned in your honor. Please submit your response form that you receive in your packet with the names of any scholarships you will be receiving if you are continuing your education. We will read them aloud during the breakfast.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 6:00 pm (students report at 5 pm)
Connor Green (Live streaming in the PAC)
Robing for Ceremony:5:00 pm
Line up: 5:30 p.m.
Commencement: 6:00 p.m.
- Diplomas: At the Ceremony, your name will be announced and you will receive your diploma case. The actual diploma will be mailed to you with a copy of your unofficial transcript for your records, after final grades are turned in and requirements verified. Students completing degree/certificate requirements during the summer will receive their diplomas in September, with an August 30 graduation date. Only one diploma cover will be issued per student.
- Rain Plan: The Commencement Ceremony will be conducted rain or shine. In the event of severe storms and heavy rains, the procession may be canceled with students already seated under the tent at the start of the ceremony. If the storms are severe enough to postpone the ceremony, the rain date will be Thursday, May 19 at 6:00 p.m. The postponement will be announced on the College website and in a RAVE alert.
- Guest Seating and Parking: Seating under the tent will be on a first-come, first-served basis, seats may not be saved. Graduates and their families may park in the lower and upper parking lots with Shuttle bus service available. The ceremony will be streamed live in the Performing Arts Center, if guests prefer to stay indoors. This is an excellent option for older or handicapped guests because the PAC offers air-conditioning, padded seats and is completely handicapped-accessible
- Special Needs: If you or any of your guests are physically challenged or have special seating needs, please contact Jan Tensen at 973-300-2153, no later than two weeks prior to the ceremony. Both disability parking and courtesy seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that we can arrange for a sign-language interpreter, if requested three weeks prior to the ceremony.
For questions or concerns please contact the Registrar’s Office at 973.300.2214
Graduation Check List:
1. Apply for Graduation – Download the form or go Pay Online, sign in and apply for graduation online. (click Steps to apply online for graduation)
Deadlines to Apply:
• January – December 1st
• May – March 1st
• August – July 1st
2. Receive and review your graduation audit which will be sent to your Sussex email.
3. Graduation Information Packets will be sent out (and emailed) in April.
4. Attend Grad Salute to pick up your cap and gowns, invitations and receive your graduation clearances.
5. Diplomas will be mailed to your home within 4 to 6 weeks of graduation as long as all degree requirements and obligations to the college have been met (i.e. financial, library, athletic equipment, etc.).