Transcripts can be requested by filling out a Transcript Request Form and mailing or hand-delivering it to:
- Registrar’s Office
Sussex County Community College
One College Hill Road
Newton, NJ 07860
You may also view and print an unofficial transcript by logging into our my.sussex portal.
Please don’t forget to include on the request form where the transcript should be sent. It may take 2 to 3 business days from the date the request is received by the Registrar’s Office to process the transcript request, so be advised to plan for this delay.
The Difference Between Official and Unofficial Transcripts
- Official transcripts carry the college seal and are sent at the student’s request directly to other institutions and agencies.
- An official transcript that is issued directly to a student will be stamped, “Official /Transcript Issued in a Sealed Envelope. Void if the Seal is Broken.” However, the student must provide the name and address of the receiving institution.
- Unofficial transcripts can be mailed directly to students and are stamped, “Unofficial – Student Copy.”
There is no charge for the first official transcript request; however, there is a $5 transcript fee (paid in advance) for each additional official transcript request.
- A Transcript Request Form must be completed and submitted for each request.
- The student’s signature of release must appear on all transcript requests.
- Transcripts will not be sent out automatically, nor will telephone or email requests be honored.
Unfortunately, transcripts will not be released if there are any outstanding obligations to Sussex County Community College. Should this be the case, requests will be kept on file for 90 days. If the obligation is not satisfied within that period of time, a new request must be submitted once the obligation is fulfilled.